Friday, May 3, 2013

Most Important Home Improvement Tool: My Phone

Facetime is awesome. Here's proof. I bought two of these ceiling lights for the downstairs, one in the basement hallway and one above the stair landing.



I decided to be a badass and install these myself. Except for constant wishing for extra hands to sprout from my body, the first one was installed with no issues. I may have used my head to balance the light while one hand held screws and one held a screwdriver but it worked out with minimal profanity.

Things got ugly on the stair landing.



WHERE WAS THE METAL BOX THINGY THAT I SCREW THE NEW FIXTURE INTO? WHERE WAS THE GROUNDING WIRE? AM I GOING TO DIE?

Thankfully, Dad has an iPhone. Dad to the rescue. He calmed me down and talked me through it. I ended up screwing the new fixture into the beam, after he promised me I wouldn't electrocute myself and set the house on fire and it all worked out.


No comments:

Post a Comment