Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Radishes That Don't Suck!


Ok, you guys.  I love radishes now.  I hated them up until about two hours ago.

Pro tip for those that hate raw radishes and love baked potatoes.  ROAST THEM.

High heat, like 450, for 10-20 minutes.  It varies, so check them.

And you can put anything else in the pan that you like (within reason, folks).  I do not recommend whole eggs or uncooked rice or meth, among other bad ideas.

No-Recipe Recipe
Rinse the radishes and cut off all but a centimeter of the green top bits.


Cut the radishes in half lengthwise.




Chop up a friend for the radishes.  Parsnips, leeks, carrots, onions, apples (??), whatever you have and think might work.
I chopped up some of the CSA walking onions. I had never heard of those either but they were leek-y in taste but small like scallions.


These are the bits I used.


Put the veggies in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and some seasoning.  I used pink salt, fresh ground pepper, and dried thyme.


Roast in a preheated 450 oven for 10-20 minutes.  (Not pictured.  These went about 17 minutes but I like things extra done.)

Voila!


The radishes were really yummy with the onions and seasoning, and very reminiscent of red potatoes.    Maybe some chives, bacon, and cheese next time for a low carb loaded potato?

No comments:

Post a Comment