Tuesday, March 1, 2011

How Important Is Light, Anyway?

I totally fixed the leaky garbage disposal last weekend.  Who knew Plumbing was so easy?  Piece of cake. 

Electrician-ing must be just as simple, right?

I hated the ceiling fan in the kitchen.  It was big, ugly, and sticky with permanent dust.  And it didn't work.  The light worked, but the fan didn't spin.  Like an oversized light fixture that took up way too much visual space in my tiny kitchen.

This evening around 630pm (after the sun set) seemed like the best time to change the light fixture.  Even though I was working by the light of one lantern and two flashlights.  Even though I really had no idea what I was doing.  Even though I didn't even have a proper new fixture -- I had a ceiling fan globe and this metal box that the dude at Lowe's told me should work. 
Well, look!  It does totally open up the room. 

Except.  Um.  It doesn't work.  Whoops. 
Thank goodness for the little recessed lights above the kitchen counters.  They'll do for now.

I guess Electrician-ing isn't as easy as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment